Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lagoon.. This is the place!

My family went on a vacation this week. I promised I would blog about it in my last entry, So here I go!
We started our journey in the afternoon of Monday. Where we reached our destination of Bountiful around 5ish. From there we helped set up tables, chairs, and manned the grill until the whole family had eaten. The food was spectacular. We even had lemon lime flavored sparkling water... well that was an accident. The night ended with lots of rain, family laughing, and swimming in the hotel pool. We knew we needed a good night sleep so that we could party it up at Lagoon the next day. Lagoon was brilliant as always! We rode the rides, we played in the water park, I got a nice tan, and everyone had a great time! Every time I turned a corner there was a member of my family there. It was fun to run into everybody periodically throughout the day. I got really tired really quickly. So when I did I decided it was time to walk through Pioneer Town with my mother. We had fun looking at all the old pioneer stuff. Old antiques are interesting to me. And we even got some strawberry cheesecake ice cream. That stuff is delicious and not very nutritious. Worst part of the night was when 5 buck let our pizza's fall straight from the oven into the garbage. I knew we should have gone to pf. It's the only reliable source.
The next morning just my baby, not so baby, family headed to Salt Lake to the "This is the place" monument. Just long story short we had a way good time. We got to find gold in the river, we got to ride the train, and we walked all around the whole place looking at all the cabins, the stores, and the cute hotels. No, I wouldn't want to be a pioneer. Yes, I do like their style. Not the cabins, just their houses. I love old houses. I could go on forever about them though so I'm gonna quit rambling now. The train was probably the highlight, well that and when Xander got stung by a bee. That was quite the experience. Don't worry I played nurse Kayla and put some mud on that bugger of a sting and yup, he was happy!
Over all I believe the trip was a success. We all had a very good time!
And X and I loved the train :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers