Sunday, June 13, 2010

"...Oh You Make Me Smile..."

Tacen Gale Donohoe (Tacey) was born on June 7 at 4:39 P.M. he weighed 6 Lbs. 9 Oz. and is the most gorgeous little boy I've every seen in my whole life! I love this guy! Everything about him amazes me. It is so unreal to me how babies work. They live inside of someone for nine months. Then they are born and know exactly what they need to do. It's such a miracle. Can I just tell you all how much I love him more and more everyday... and it's not even my baby. I can't imagine how it would feel to love my own baby when I already love him so much. So crazy!
After Tace was born he had a high PKU (jaundice) level. He had to be put under lights for a couple of days in the nursery part of the hospital. There were so many sad babies in there. We were so glad that the only problem with Tace was his jaundice. It was still sad just having him lay there though. As you can see, he had to have this mask over his eyes to protect them. We called it his space helmet. Also the last day he was there they hooked him up to an IV. The poor thing. But it helped him a lot and he was able to come home bright and early Friday morning!This little guy loves his swing! That is if we ever put him down long enough for him to enjoy it. It's been so much fun having him at home. He just gets so much love. If we don't all get our loves in for the day we start having withdrawals. It's not good. He's getting darker and darker skin everyday. His eyes are so pretty. Some of his clothes are too big for him, so he looks kind of like a gangster. But the cutest dang gangster you've ever seen!

I can't believe that tomorrow he will be a week old already! It's already gone by so quickly! I don't even want to think about a month or even a year passing. But I know that it will be fun the whole way. He just will keep getting cuter by the day and we'll have oh so much fun as he grows and learns. I would've never imagined that being an aunt would be this amazing!


2 comments:

Followers