Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Praying For Patience

Lately in my prayers I have been praying for help with my patience. I never have been a patient person. It's just not one of those virtues I was born blessed with. Unfortunately I have learned the had way that in order to gain an attribute such as patience I must first have my patience tested.
This week started with me being very happy to be able to pay my car payment early on in the month (thanks to the business of summer games athletes at Pizza Factory). I have been putting off getting my oil changed in my car though so yesterday I took my car in and one of my tires was low also. So I got both of those tasks taken care of. This morning my job was to go to get my car registered. It was a little past the due date for registration and so I decided I needed to get that done before I took my journey up to Salt Lake this weekend. Car registrations aren't cheap. Also on top of the registration fee I decided it would be wise of me to get SUU license plates so I will be able to park anywhere on campus. This will save me money in the long run because I will stop having to pay tickets that I receive from parking where I'm not allowed to. When I went to pull out my debit card to pay for the registration and license plates I realized that I had left my card on my dresser at home. So I had to undo everything I had just done with the lady who was helping me so I could run to the bank. When I got back to the registration place the lady who knew what I needed was gone to lunch. Luckily the other lady was very happy to help me. OK, so when I finally was able to get home I started putting my license plates on. When I was walking around to the back of my car to do the back one I saw this....
Yes, that is the biggest nail I've ever seen in my whole life stuck right into my tire. I couldn't believe what I saw! So I finished putting my other license plate on and headed down to see what we could do about this. When I got to the shop Neil took a look at it and told me that I would have to get a whole new tire because the nail was completely bent and wrapped around puncturing a part of the tire that would never hold a patch.
Hawaiian Ice saved my day! After all of these shenanigans happened I went into Pizza Factory because luckily it is pay day. Lauren was there and I told her all about my car troubles. She quickly called Clay and while I was on my way home she called me and told me that her and Clay wanted to give me a free snow cone for all my trouble I had gone through. I was very grateful to them! I got half coconut and half melona. It was amazing!
Needless to say, I have been handed patience trial after patience trial. Yes, I am learning from them, but I'm exhausted! Hopefully patients can become a strong aspect of my life. But I hope I can start learning it in an easier way. Sadly, I don't think that's possible.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren thanks. Did you realize I spelled patience wrong through this whole thing? I was "praying for patients" like doctor patients... Yeah, don't worry I fixed it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers