Sunday, June 27, 2010

The World Always Looks Brighter From Behind A Smile!

There's this "game" I play when I'm driving. I guess I don't really know how it got started but somehow it just stuck. The "game" is that while I'm driving, mostly when I'm stopped at a stop sign or something I look around and see if there are people next to me. If there are I try to get them to smile, by simply smiling at them. Most the time this will happen when I'm at a stop sign and someone is turning left so they pass right by the front of my car, or when I'm right next to someone at a stop light. Mostly I target older people, they are most likely the ones who will look back and smile too. I think just seeing someone smile and knowing that I was the reason they are smiling is more rewarding than me just smiling for myself. It always brightens my day to know that I have brightened someone else's. Like I said, I don't know how or why this got started, but I do know why it keeps going. I smile to get others to smile which makes me smile for a long time after wards. So, in the long run it helps me and the other person involved. Wow, smiling is contagious, but I'm glad I can spread it with ease.
My favorite quote is:
"I want to be remembered as the girl who always
smiled when her heart was broken, and the one who
could always brighten someone else's day even if
she couldn't brighten her own!"
I like to live by this quote because I know that in the end, me being able smile when I'm hurt will act to remind me that even when I'm sad smiling brings joy to me because it makes me think about the little things that bring me everyday happiness. And that by brighten someone else's day I will be able to brighten my own day as well.

3 comments:

  1. you're so cute... and i hope you know that you make my day.. almost every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, but, i'm glad the feeling is mutual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep smiling sweety. Nothing is so bad that a smile won't help it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers