Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Day Of Summer=Success

Summer of 2010 started like this...
I woke up in the morning feeling like Kayla Donohoe. I couldn't have planned it any better. I was going to go swimming but that plan quickly got overrided by Becca inviting me to eat breakfast and watch Law and Order with her. It was a good switch of plans!
I cleaned my car. It is now vacuumed! It seriously looks so good! I love having it clean and sparkly!
I had to go do some shopping for FHE (since I am now the new FHE coordinator). It was so cool that I could just go to Lins and say "this is for my ward" and I had to show my ID and sign a paper and it was completely taken care of!
I went to lunch with my dear sister Becca. We went to Pastry Pub... my favorite. We both had hot sub sandwiches. I think I officially converted her! :)
I completed my everyday joyous job of picking up Maddie and Cheyenne from school and taking them to polo.
Then... dun dun dun... I watched Oprah while I worked out on my mom's treadmill. Oprah was way interesting it was all about a model who throws temper tantrums. But I was thinking the whole time that I don't really blame her for throwing temper tantrums because people betray her trust. I think I would too. I mean none of us are perfect, and she seemed like a sweetheart. I decided I liked her a lot. She's fought drug problems and addictions and I she seemed pretty solid.
Then I headed to the church to prepare for FHE. Aimee joined me and we set up all the stuff and got everything ready for the people to come and participate in the activity. At 6:30 we started waiting for people to come. A few people started showing up and I was getting a little worried that my first ever activity that I was in charge of was going to be a failure. BUT on the contrary when we started the activity lots of people started coming! More than I had even expected to come in the beginning! For the activity we made homemade ice cream in plastic bags. I thought the activity went over really well. Everyone seemed like they had a good time. I hope all of the activities can go over as well as that one! (except for the salty ice cream) haha
I was so relieved when the activity was over. Aimee called me and invited me over to her house to watch We are Marshall with her, Jens, Brennan, Omar, Brian, and John. The movie takes place in the same place as one of Jens' areas on his mission. So the whole time I was asking him if places looked familiar or if he'd been to that place before. It was fun to know that he knew the area! After the movie Ariel came over too and we all sat and talked for a while. It was such a fun group of people!
If you know Aimee and me at all you know we love to drive! So needless to say the night ended in a traditional drive around Cedar. I honestly believe we know this town more than 90% of the people who live here. We drive around every road so often. And we know all the connecting roads and how to get exactly where we want to go! Driving for recreation will do that for ya haha!
Summer has started and I'm happy with how it's happening so far! I can't wait to see how much changes in the next couple months. There's so much potential that this summer could bring! And I can't wait to watch it all unfold!




1 comment:

Followers