Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh beautiful Sunday... I simply loved what you had in store for me!

My sweet day started out like any other Sunday in my life. I woke up! I sang some songs while I got ready. I ate breakfast (yogurt, it's my new staple food). And when I was finished with these simple tasks I ran off to Aimee's house to assist her in our usual Sunday morning ritual of... wasting time until church starts! On this particular day wasting time=going on a walk around the neighborhood! Church, as usual, was spectacular!
My dear sister Becca had her baby shower at our humble abode yesterday. It went over very well I thought. There were multiple people there to celebrate, and well eat all of my mom's amazing food! The party was fun, entertaining, and very educational. I learned a lot about everyone's different labor stories!
Aimee and I jetted out of my house quickly because our dear friend Jared invited us over to get snow cones! Now honestly, how in the world could we turn him down?! We decided to drive to Aimee's house and then walk over to his house. Which I was very glad we did this because.... I GOT TO GO ON KIDDIE HIGHWAY! My goodness gracious, I did not know what I was missing out on! Kiddie Highway, for those of you who don't know, is a long strip of cement that goes through like 4 streets, behind houses, in the middle of neighborhoods, and I honestly don't know how long it is because we only traveled on it for a short amount of time. But oh it was fun! We arrived at Jared's house and started making our snow cones. His snow cone maker, to my surprise, was a monster! It was not one of those small ones that you crank with your hands. I'm here to testify for all you non believers that he had a number 1 legit snow cone maker! And the only problem we ran into all day was that there were ants in the lime flavoring. That was kind of gross. But we solved the problem by just eating the blue raspberry and passion fruit flavors instead. Needless to say, we all had blue mouths. Except Aimee because she was the odd ball and wanted orange... We love her anyway though! I learned a lot from our time at Jared's house. He has a WAY smart nephew who loves Dr. Seuss, anyone can be any animal they want to be as long as they say "abra ca dabra" and turn themselves into it, Jared doesn't like to wear princess crowns (who would've guessed?!), and of course, there are some people who have to peel out every time they do anything in their ugly little piece of crap truck.
After we left Jared's house and took our trip back to Aimee's on Kiddie Highway we got in her car to take a usual Aimee and Kayla nightly drive around Cedar and surrounding areas. While we were driving I received a phone call from an unknown number. I answered, my curiou
s mind never let's those phone calls go unanswered. It was my friend Megan. She invited Aimee and I over to her cousin's house to watch a movie. Hmmmm.... yes, we went. We ate popcorn and drank water. We watched a movie, watched Kurt and Wade wrestle, talked, and laughed. Yep, it was a good choice on our part! And I'm happy we got the invite!
On our way home we were driving by Cedar High and saw that the sprinklers were on.... oh we just couldn't resist! So at midnight last night you could have found us running through the sprinklers in front of Cedar High School getting drenched! Our feet were freezing! It was completely worth it! Oh how mine and Aimee's adventures never cease to amaze me!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Kayla, what a wonderful day you had. Thanks for being a daily shaved ice customer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh what a night that was however there was one very important moment left out of this blog. The grand finale of the night! Now this has already been brought up on fb but I just hate the thought of everyone not knowing! So there we were...going arond the last sprinkler...freezing cold...when BAM!!!! Down Kayla goes! It was so hilariously funny and sad at the same time, oh I loved it and shall never let you live that one down! And also I was the only one with an orange flavored one because I was obviously the only one with enough amazingness to have that flavor. Oh and I was so excited to take you on your first voyage using kiddie highway oh what a delightful little highway that is :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers