Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Like A Catterpillar

I know that eventually there will be one of those classic summer days that I don't have anything to do, nothing exciting happens, and I sit around in my pj's all day... maybe I'd even have time to clean my room if one of those days every landed in my lap, but it has yet to happen!
Today I saw the most beautiful caterpillar ever. OK... it wasn't a caterpillar after all, it was Becca's friend Julia's new baby girl. The reason I said caterpillar was because after babies are born they wrap them up so tightly in blankets. I think it's because the little ones are used to being in the womb. So they like to be scrunched up! Julia wanted Becca there right after she had her. So the second we found out she had come into the world we scurried down to St. George. She's such a pretty little 6 lb. 15 oz. baby with a lot of black hair, green eyes, and her mom's nose! Her name is Sophia Celeste.
Unfortunately, both Becca and I had to work tonight so we had to scurry right on back up to Cedar after our short visit. We almost saw about 6 diesel trucks cause accidents. It was not very comforting. We got back home just in time to go to work.
Work tonight was good. I don't have any spectacular stories. I made some pretty good money for how not very busy it was. There were some really nice folks out eating tonight. When one guy walked in I greeted him and then told him I had to wipe a table off for him. He said, "oh that's too bad I don't want you to have to work." I said, "then you shouldn't have come in." He gave me kind of a scowling look but I thought it was pretty appropriate of a come back seeing as how he set it up himself. I walked away laughing. I don't think he knew how to take it.
I'm pretty much ready for whatever life has to hand me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers